The Greendale Thirteen, or also known as Thirteen, were witches in the earlier years of Greendale. They were some of the earliest members of the Church of Night. Each witch was hung in the town of Greendale due to their craft.
They were brought onto the land by Dorthea Putnam. She took them by boat from Scotland to Greendale, crossing the Atlantic so they could escape prosecution. However, they were still hunted in Greendale and eventually were hanged on the hanging tree. The rest of their coven left them to die to hopes of appeasing the bloodlust of the mortals. This enraged the witches, they felt betrayed by their kind. This led to the Thirteen coming back to seek vengeance on the Church of Night and onto the town of Greendale. After being summoned by Lilith, the Thirteen attacked warlocks Ambrose Spellman and Luke Chalfant, but let them go if they pass their message to the Church. The next day at midnight, the Thirteen tried to open each door in the town and summoned the Red Angel of Death to kill every firstborn of every family. However, they were stopped by Hellfire summoned by Sabrina Spellman.
- "Chapter One: October Country" (mentioned and vision)
- "Chapter Two: The Dark Baptism" (vision)
- "Chapter Four: Witch Academy" (mentioned)
- "Chapter Ten: The Witching Hour"
- The year the witches were hung in 1692 was the same year that the Salem witch trials took place.
- In "Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show", Jughead Jones mentioned the Salem witch trials while discussing Jason Blossom's death.