|“||I'm a Spellman and I will always be a Spellman. And I'll fight him until my last dying breath.||”|
–Sabrina in "Chapter Twenty: The Mephisto Waltz"
Despite not being a full witch, Lilith notes that Sabrina has the potential to become the most powerful witch of her generation. After completing her Dark Baptism, Sabrina's powers were magnified to far greater levels than ever before. Most notably, she summoned hellfire to burn the Greendale Thirteen, a feat only three other witches have ever been able to do.
Sabrina was born to the fallen angel Lucifer Morningstar and mortal Diana Spellman, however, her legal father is Diana's husband High Priest witch Edward Spellman. Diana and Edward had trouble conceiving a child and went to the Dark Lord for help, Diana soon became pregnant but the Dark Lord was somehow able to impregnate her with his child instead of Edward's, who was believed by all to be Sabrina's biological father. Three days after her birth, Diana had Sabrina given a Holy Baptism with her aunt, Hilda Spellman, as a witness. A day later, Edward had signed Sabrina's name into the Book of the Beast with her other aunt, Zelda Spellman, as a witness. Not long after, Sabrina's parents would die in a plane crash, leaving her in the care of Hilda and Zelda, though Diana's remaining family apparently tried, unsuccessfully, to obtain custody of Sabrina.
Sabrina is of medium height with a petite physique. She has wavy, short blonde hair, clear skin, sparkling green eyes, and a delicate figure. She mostly forgoes makeup and typically dresses somewhat conservatively but comfortably so; she is not however above wearing eye-catching and/or alluring attire if the occasion calls for it. Since writing her name in the Book of the Beast and being empowered by the Dark Lord, Sabrina's look sports a similar appearance to her comic book counterpart, where her hair has become pure white, and her wardrobe and makeup preferences have also changed to reflect the more provocative look of the Weird Sisters. She did, however, go back to wearing her conservative clothes.
Having grown up in the world of mortals, Sabrina is the polar opposite of pure-blood witches in numerous ways. She has a very strong moral compass and does not look down on mortals as inferior or on familiars for that matter. Her family and friends are by far the most important to her as well as her fierce sense of independence and belief in freedom of choice, traits which led her to reject the teachings of the Church of Night. She is quick to question witch traditions and will work tirelessly to find ways around the more barbaric practices.
Sabrina is an uncommonly kind, thoughtful, caring, compassionate and spirited person, and unwaveringly loyal friend and a loving girlfriend. She is quite popular in mortal school but generally slighted in a magic school. An ardent feminist who believes in the advancement of women and girls in society, she has no qualms over confronting anyone who demeans her female friends or indeed any female student. She lives daily with guilt over not being able to tell her friends about her true nature but has learned to cope with it. Her dedication to her friends and to an extent a mild form of arrogance has led her to make bad and even reckless decisions that have unfortunately cost her greatly.
Sabrina loves her family very much and is very close to her aunts and her cousin. She is doted on by Hilda and often butts heads with Zelda over witch matters and Zelda's zealotry but ultimately the two are still close. She is quick to anger if her parents or family, in general, are insulted as well as her half-breed status.
Sabrina possesses incredibly strong willpower and sense of self, enabling her to resist psychological torture and pain effectively as was seen during her Harrowing by the Sisters when she repeatedly withstood their attempts to break her.
Powers and Abilities
- Spell Casting: The power to change, manipulate and control objects, events, actions and phenomena through the use of incantations, rituals, potions or sheer force of will.
- Memory Manipulation: The power to scan and take away memories from people and/or add false ones. Sabrina used this power to take back her telling Harvey that she was a witch.
- Containment: The power to contain a being in a given area.
- Illusion Manipulation: The power to project highly realistic illusions into the physical world.
- Glamour: The power to disguise a physical appearance. Sabrina glamoured Salem into herself to distract Batibat.
- Astral Projection: The power to project their astral form from their body, essentially becoming a ghost. Sabrina used this power to project herself to Jesse Putnam and Harvey Kinkle.
- Demonic Exorcism: The power to exorcise demons from mortals. Through an incantation created by her father, as well as her half-human, half-witch nature, Sabrina gained the ability to exorcise demons from mortals.
- Warding: The power to place protection spells and wards on places and people, shielding them from harm.
- Necromancy: The power to control, manipulate and resurrect the dead. Through an extremely dangerous rite given to her by Madam Satan, Sabrina gained the power to resurrect the deceased Thomas Kinkle, along with the assistance of the Weird Sisters and Nicholas Scratch.
- Portal Opening: The power to open the portal to Mortal Limbo.
- Atmokinesis: The power to control the weather. By pooling together her powers with her cousin and aunts, Sabrina was able to summon a tornado. Sabrina was able to control the weather without the use of a spell.
- Hellfire Summoning: The power to summon hellfire. After signing the Book of the Beast, Sabrina gained the ability to summon fire from the pit of Hell. According to the Greendale Thirteen, only three witches in known history have been able to accomplish this, making Sabrina the fourth and marking her as an extremely powerful witch. Additionally, she is able to walk through hellfire unharmed, as was seen the night of her Dark Baptism.
- Enchantment: The power to imbue a person or object with a magical capability.
- Telekinesis: The power to move and control objects with the power of the mind alone.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and communicate with the spirits of the dead.
- Familiar Communication: The ability to converse with her familiar Salem and Ambrose's familiar Leviathan.
- Dream Walking: The power to enter another person's dreams. Sabrina used this power to get help from Zelda, Hilda, and Ambrose Spellman for help stopping Batibat.
- Levitation: The power to propel oneself in the air and hover.
- Pyrokinesis: The power to generate, control and manipulate fire.
- Resurrection: After dying and self-resurrecting as Dark Lord's sword, the Herald of Hell, Sabrina gained the power to resurrect the dead without the use of a spell or sacrifice. Sabrina resurrected both Elspeth and Melvin, after being killed by Jerathmiel, and Leviathan, to have him testify against Father Blackwood.
- Healing: The power to heal another person of their injuries and wounds.
- Longevity: While not yet apparent due to her young age, since signing her name in the Book of the Beast, Sabrina ages at a slower rate than mortals.
- The name Sabrina is an English name. In English, the meaning of the name Sabrina is Legendary princess.